Sunday 30 June 2013

This is the End

TRY NOT TO SHART WHEN WATCHING THIS FILM!!! (ok ok that was a little gross) BUT SERIOUSLY THIS IS FUNNY!!!

Comedies are always better when they're actually funny. That seems like a no brainer but I've often been disappointed by comedies. I get all excited, can't wait to laugh non-stop, and then leave the theater with barely giggling here or there. This movie will make you laugh, laugh non-stop to the point where it could be embarrassing. In fact you may even feel ashamed or conflicted because you laughed at some "questionable" things: mainly bodily functions, male appendages, and "poor" choices. 

This movie includes things close to my heart: general religious references and the apocalypse. I was a religious studies major and I love watching movies that take the piss out of the biblical apocalypse. I suppose this would fit in beautifully with a set of stoner movies, it's just a movie I could watch over and over again and laugh just as much as the first time (a rare thing for me). My feelings are much of the same where the Harold and Kumar movies are concerned. For those who do not like raunchy behavior, gross/base body related jokes, and guys being dickbags to one another then I don't recommend the movie. But seriously, who doesn't love a good apocalyptic romp that has some moral undertones and an epic boy band ending? GO SEE IT! And then blame me if you don't like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment