Tuesday 13 August 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (Crush) vs. Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon (Orange Punch)





















It seems there have been so many lip "crayons" balms/stains/gloss bars cropping up all over the place lately. I recently bought 2 of them (actually I had a Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain before but it's nowhere to be found now). I've seen tons of reviews on the newer Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon. It always seems my town gets things in stock about 2 weeks later than everyone else. Sometimes longer, so I was pleased to pick it up in Orange Punch. They weren't on sale at the local pharmacy where I picked this up, therefore I only got one. As for the newly acquired Revlon Balm Stain in Crush, I basically got it for free at Boots as they are having an offer of 2 Revlon products (any products) for 15 euro. To me this was a deal because I got the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara which was already close to 15 euro and this Balm Stain (which prices somewhere between 10 or 11 euro). I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, let's size them up... :)

* Sorry for the weirdness of the photos (I at least think they look odd) but I wanted to give you more than just a swatch this time. I'm continuously trying to improve on my photos.


First up we have the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Crush which is one of their darker colors. A wine color. This Balm Stain has kind of a minty scent/taste to it. I think it kind of plumps up the lips a bit. It goes on very smooth and doesn't take much applying to achieve good color. I has a glossy sheen to it but it's not overly glossy (if ya get me). Overall, I'm satisfied with it. I'm not sure if this color really suits me. But I will say it looks much better when viewed from far away than close up. 



Next we have Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in Orange Punch. Honestly, I was expecting great things from this as I had read many rave reviews. I wasn't disappointed but I also wasn't as over the moon as others. It's kind of hard to describe what I didn't like about it. I feel like it's kind of greasy. I didn't feel like it glided on smoothly or even produced color the way I thought it would. It's not by any means a bad product. I'll get lots of use out of it. It just didn't feel as good on my lips. It felt greasy and dirty almost. Also, this doesn't last as long as Revlon's Balm Stain. I get more wear out of the Balm Stain than I do this. It is a nice color though, that is the highlight of it for me. I just wish it didn't take as much effort as it did to get it to look the way I wanted on my lips. I had to apply quite a bit for the color to show enough for my liking. 

Do you have a preference between the two brands?


6 comments:

  1. We were just talking about these yesterday! We really want to try the Revlon Just Bitten ones. Thanks for a great post!

    MUST try now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great. Really good color payoff for a Balm Stain.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ashley, I'm sorry you weren't wowed by Bourjois. I'm loving their peach on the beach at the moment and have used orange crush a lot this month too and find that they stay on quite well, but it's great to see comparisons :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Revlon one. I really want to try some of the Bourjois ones too. X

    http://chloeveblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Bourjois version, orange punch looks lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am actually impressed that they give a glossy finish in the end. I like the orange punch color the best, too bad it wasnt as great.

    ReplyDelete